The distance from Milan to Verona is 164 kilometers. It is most convenient to get from Milan to Verona by high-speed train in 1 hour and 14 minutes, and independent travelers can make a trip in a rented car in about 2 hours. An economical but longer option is the bus. In the article I will tell you about the features and cost of each way to get to Verona and back.
My favorite ItaloTreno high-speed trains run from Milan to Verona several times a day. If you take care of the tickets in advance, then you can easily buy them for only 9.90 euros. Travel time is 1 hour 14 minutes. Trains depart very conveniently from Milan Central Station (Milano Centrale) and arrive in Verona at Verona Porta Nuova Station.
The cost of tickets in the first class (Prima) starts from 14.90 euros. If you buy at the last moment, then the second class usually costs 21.90 euros, and the first - 27.90. When traveling to Verona for one day, I recommend leaving the train from Milan at 08:34, in Verona you will be at 09:48.
It is convenient to return from Verona to Milan by train at 18:12.
Upon arrival, picking up a pre-booked car at the airport, you can immediately go on a trip. A trip to Verona from Milan by car makes sense if you aim to see other cities and places of interest along the way. Just to go to Verona by car does not make much sense.
Here is a variant of an interesting route for 1-3 days:
- We pick up the car at Malpensa Airport and go to Lake Como (Lago di Como) with the city of the same name. There you park, walk, spend the night at will.
- You can ride along the lake and go to the city of Lecco.
- Then you go to the very beautiful lake Iseo (Lago d'Iseo).
- You can call in Brescia, take a walk around the town or immediately go towards Lake Garda (Lago di Garda). I recommend starting with Sirmione.
- Ride along Lake Garda, go to Verona to see its main attractions.
- You can read about the features of car rental in Italy and book a suitable car on our website auto.italy4.me
Comfortable FlixBus.ru buses run from Milan to Verona. Travel time is about 2 hours, and a ticket can be bought in advance for only 5 or 8 euros. In Milan, buses leave from the Lampugnano bus station or the Sesto S. Giovanni - p.za I maggio bus stop, and arrive in Verona at Porta Nuova Central Station.
I hope the instruction came in handy. If you need advice, I will be happy to answer your questions in the comments.