Italy became one of the Schengen states in 1997. To obtain a Schengen visa, the required package of documents is almost identical, but various consulates, in many cases, determine their specific requirements for applying for visas.
Schengen visa to Italy subdivided into types:
- Type A visa to Italy - transit visa.
- Type C visa to Italy - a short-term visa, is the most popular type of entry document and is used in the following varieties: guest (by private invitation), tourist, business. Duration of stay in the country is limited in one half year to 90 days.
- Type D visa to Italy is a long-term national visa. This is ideal for those who are interested in a long stay in Italy.
Visas to Italy for Russians
require a standard package of documents:
- Foreign passport (valid from the time of the requested visa for at least 3 months).
- A tourist profile with the original signature (the language for filling out the questionnaire is English or Italian). For each minor child, the questionnaire is filled out separately, signatures of both parents are put.
- Photocopies of the first page of the passport and all pages of the internal.
- Marriage or Divorce Certificate
- 1 color photograph (on matte paper) 3.5 × 4.5. If the trip is planned with children (from 1.5 to 14 years old), their photographs are required.
- The permission to leave the child (when traveling with one of the parents or without parents), signed by one of the parents or the guardian and notarized.
- Upon reaching the age of 14, his personal passport is required.
- All canceled passports or their photocopies. (It is worth noting that this is not a prerequisite, but the visas contained in them, which are evidence of the timely return of the tourist from the trip, will increase the chances of opening a visa).
Every Schengen visa applicant is considered at the consulate as a potential illegal immigrant, therefore Italian visa document requirements for citizens of Russia also include documents confirming their solvency and lack of intention to leave their country for a long time:
- A certificate from the place of work (company letterhead of the organization / enterprise with all the details) with data on the position held, salary (from 10,000 rubles), work experience, period of leave granted, with the obligatory indication that the place of work is maintained. Persons engaged in self-employment, submit documents confirming the status of the entrepreneur, a certificate of income from the tax office.
- Copy of pension certificate - for pensioners
- Copy of student card - for students
- Certificate from the place of study - for students and school children
- Certificate from the place of work of persons sponsoring the trip - for non-working visa applicants
- Bank statement on the availability and movement of cash savings on deposit, an international card. Travel checks for the amount established at the time of the trip, the daily minimum required to stay in the country
- Documents for existing real estate, vehicle
- Confirmation of the reservation of tickets or their original and copies of round-trip
- Original and copy of travel insurance for the entire duration of the trip
The Italian Embassy reserves the right to require additional documents.
When submitting documents, all copies of documents are submitted with originals, giving representatives of the Visa Application Centers the opportunity to assure their similarity.
For those traveling by invitation of individuals, the following documents are attached to the main package of documents:
- Original and copy of invitation (letteradiinvito)
- Copy of passport of the inviting person who has the right to reside in Italy (permessodisoggiorno) or Italian citizen
Individuals traveling to Italy on their own provide proof of hotel booking (in the form of an original, fax, voucher for an Italian travel company) with the telephone number, address, cost of the booked room and confirmation of advance payment, signed by an employee of the hotel reservation service.
Visa Fee to Italy
Payment of the fee when submitting documents is made at the bank rate in rubles directly at the Visa Application Centers. The services of the center as of 2012 cost 1100 RUR. The consular fee is 35 EUR. Urgent visa application - 70 EUR.
Visa fee is not charged:
- from children under 6 years old
- from close relatives of EU citizens or citizens of the Russian Federation who are entitled to reside in EU countries
- from students, graduate students, schoolchildren and their accompanying persons, the trip of which has educational / educational goals
- from participants in cultural, artistic, scientific events, including exchange programs of universities
- from persons with disabilities and persons accompanying them
- from persons traveling for humanitarian purposes
- from participants in international youth sports events.
However, for processing documents by Visa centers, a service fee is charged from each applicant.
Italian diplomatic missions in Russia
Embassy of Italy in Moscow located at:
Moscow, Money lane, 5 (Berge mansion)
Tel .: +7 (495) 7969691, 2411029, 2411534, 2411533
Fax: +7 (499) 2410330
Email: email protected
Schedule of the Italian Embassy in Moscow:
Monday - Friday - 9.00-13.00, 15.00-18.00.
Address of the Consulate General of Italy in Moscow:
Moscow, Yakimanskaya embankment, 10
Information and switch:
Tel .: +7 (495) 7969692, 9165449, 9165451
Fax: + 7 (495) 9165420
E-mail (visa department): email protected
Schedule Consulates of Italy in Moscow for visitors:
Monday-Friday (filing applications) - 9.00-13.00, 14.00-17.00
Monday-Friday (obtaining visas) - 14.00-17.00
Visa to Italy for Russian citizens drawn up at the Visa Center at:
Moscow, Maly Tolmachevsky per., D. 6, building 1
tel. +7 (495) 727-35-77, 2292901
Email: email protected
Citizens with registration in St. Petersburg, Pskov, Murmansk, Karelia, as well as in the relevant areas submit documents to Consulate General of Italy in St. Petersburg by the address:
St. Petersburg, Theater Square, 10
Tel .: +7 (812) 3123217, 7188095, 3123106
Fax: +7 (812) 5715150
Email: email protected
Italy Visa Application Center in St. Petersburg:
St. Petersburg, Fontanka River Embankment, 103
Tel .: +7 (812) 6550289
Email: email protected
Addresses of the territorial offices of Italy Visa Application Centers:
Citizens living in the Tyumen, Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk regions, Perm Territory contact the address:
Yekaterinburg, st. Belinsky, house 32, office 5
Tel .: + 7 (343) 3556100, 3556106
Fax: +7 (343) 3556100
On the official website www.italy-vms.ru all data of the following territorial branches are located:
Kazan, st. Ostrovsky, 87
Tel./fax: +7 (843) 5671102
Kaliningrad, st. Sergeant Koloskov, 4a
Tel .: +7 (4012) 566899
Krasnodar, st. Pushkina, 44
Tel / Fax: +7 (861) 299-20-09
Lipetsk, Victory Avenue, 29
Phone / Fax: +7 (4742) 51-90-59
Nizhny Novgorod, st. Ulyanova, 46
Tel./fax: +7 (831) 215-22-15
Novosibirsk, st. Lenin, 52
Tel./fax: +7 (383) 238-07-23
Samara, st. Sadovaya, 263
Tel./fax: +7 (846) 277-79-01
P.S. For those who value their time and do not want to spend it on uselessly walking around their offices - it is better to entrust visas to professionals. They will not only help to draw up the necessary documents for a visa to Italy, but will also guide you in other, equally important issues of a trip abroad.